Recording your screen is easy with the Chrome extension, Screencastify!
Using Screencastify in the Classroom
- Going to be out? Share a message with your students by recording your screen along with your webcam. Example (WCS readers only, login required)
- Teachers and students create math tutorials by aiming the webcam at a paper or board while working and talking through the problem.
- Share student made (teacher reviewed) tutorials for test or exam review.
- Students in foreign language classes use the webcam feature to record conversational videos for sharing and collaboration on a Padlet board or for posting in Google Classroom.
- Record narration for picture books created using Google Slides, Docs, or StoryJumper.
- Science students take photos during different parts of a lab and combine them to create a lab report with the student describing what happened at each stage as illustrated by the photos.
- Students can create a comic or add to an image in Google Drawings and record an explanation to justify their analysis of the work. Example
Have more integration ideas? Please comment below!
Screencastify Setup Instructions