Jim Stephenson – Bill Garrett Memorial Scholarship
Purpose: Help a deserving Williamson County student purse undergraduate studies.
Award: A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to the selected student. The payment will be made directly to the college or university of the student’s choice in two increments. $1,250 will be paid for each of two consecutive semesters beginning fall 2018 for the student’s freshman year.
- Be a graduating senior from Centennial High School, Fairview High School, Franklin High School, Independence High School, Page High School, Renaissance High School, or Battle Ground Academy.
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 Scale, and be accepted to a college or university
- Complete a 300 word essay which shows the student exemplifies the Lions Club Motto of “Serving Others”.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, one from a high school faculty member and one from the student’s community who is not a faculty or family member.
- Provide an Official High School Transcript reflecting cumulative GPA, excluding Spring 2018
- Complete the application entirely with signature of applicant and school official.
- Application must be typed or printed legibly.
- Returned applications must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2018 to:
Jim Stephenson-Bill Garrett Memorial Scholarship
Franklin Lions Club
PO Box 521
Franklin, TN 37065-0521