Berea College’s prestigious Carter G. Woodson Legacy Scholar Award honors your outstanding high school juniors who embody Dr. Woodson’s spirit in the areas of academic excellence, civic engagement, and community service.
Please feel free to forward this email to others who may wish to nominate or print and distribute our call for nominations.
Who Qualifies to be a Legacy Scholar?
• High School Juniors
• Identifies as African-American
• Demonstrates Financial Need (household income less than $40,000; would be Pell Grant eligible)
• Exhibits Academic Promise (GPA range 3.25-4.00, ACT range 20-30 or SAT 1050-1410
• Has outstanding qualities like persistence and leadership
If selected as a Legacy Scholar, your students receive:
• A special day for the student and family on Berea’s campus
• A personalized award and recognition in their local newspaper
• The opportunity to apply for admission early as a senior and, if accepted, receive Berea’s Tuition Promise Scholarship, which guarantees your student will never pay tuition
You can complete the form online at berea.college/legacy. You may nominate multiple students for the award. The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2018.
If interested, please see you counselor.