QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications: 1. Must be a resident of Williamson County.
2. Must have a level of interest in community service and volunteerism.
3. Must have an interest in African American History and Heritage.
4. Must possess good character.
5. Must be a Senior in High School.
6. Must have a 3.3 GPA or higher.
1. Must submit an application accompanied by an official High School transcript and SAT or ACT scores along with 2 letters of recommendation from a Pastor, Community Leader or Teacher.
2. An essay on African American History in Williamson County and what it means to me.
3. Attendance and involvement at AAHS events as much as possible-demonstrating youth involvement.
4. A current written resume or Biography including goals.
5. A current photograph.
6. Appear before a committee.
Committee will consider:
1. The Essay or Biography.
2. Criteria from Qualifications.
4. Appearance (neatness, good grooming, etc.)
2 Tom Murdic Educational Scholarships $1,000.00 each awarded to two qualifying high school seniors
Deadline: April 1, 2017
Please submit this form with your 250 word minimum essay on the topic of “African American History in Williamson County and What It Means to Me” a current photograph, and a current resume or biography. The application is attached below: