The Williamson County Schools Fine Arts Festival is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. We are seeking current WCS students who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo design. The logo should be recognizable and help promote our organization’s mission of spotlighting arts education.* Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
*Arts education in WCS includes music, theatre, visual art, and dance.
The Fine Arts Festival is designed to build community support for and awareness of the importance and impact of arts education in public schools.
Picture this –
- Musical, theatrical, and visual arts talent from a school district of over 39,000 students
- Famous headliner performance with a WCS ensemble
- Hands on activities for kids
- Audiences, in the thousands, of Williamson County residents celebrating with these students
- An event that celebrates the life changing impact of arts education in our county
- All in the Factory in Franklin for one day
How to Enter the Contest
The contest begins on September 18, 2017. Submissions will be accepted through November 3, 2017. Winners will be announced in via our website, social media websites and by direct contact to the winner’s student email account. To enter your arwork:
- Submit your artwork using the online SUBMISSION FORM.
- Submitted in their original vector source file and
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf with 300 dpi or higher.
- Artists may submit more than one artwork. Enter each artwork as a separate entry.
- Only submissions using a WCS provided email address will be accepted.
The current logo design we’d like to update:
- Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (stationary, pamphlets, t-shirts etc.). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
- Theme: Logo must promote the mission of WCS Fine Arts Festival to of spotlighting arts education* and its impact in public schools. Design should be universal in theme.
- Color: Use only CMYK 4-color palette. Logo must look good in color (if any) or black and white.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Winners will be selected by the Williamson County Schools Director of Fine Arts in conjunction with the Williamson County Schools Partners in Fine Arts. Contestants agree that WCS may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to Williamson County Schools. Additionally, Williamson County Schools may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of WCS. Williamson County Schools reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Contest winner will receive a Walmart and Popcorn Village gift cards, 10 free rounds of bowling at Franklin Family Entertainment…and bragging rights!
To submit your artwork, apply using the online SUBMISSION FORM.